Hi David

First: Sorry I haven't answered any of your posts earlier, however I
don't use mgsd myself - and I rarely find the time to read post in
every TW-forum in depth...
I've updated the MptwTheme tiddler - to display the options you are
asking for - both in the ViewTemplate and the EditTemplate - you won't
see the checkboxes for setting privacy in already existing tiddlers.
You'll have to create a new tiddler to get the option - on the other
hand, you can always toggle privacy from ViewMode - clicking the
icon..:

http://mamagsd.tiddlyspace.com/#MptwTheme

The thing that really prevents me from using mgsd on tiddlyspace is
the fact that I have to click "save changes" everytime I've done
anything...

Not even the standard "new tiddler" button in the TW - menu tab saves
tiddlers back to the space - untill you've clicked the "save changes"
button... that is..

I wish you good luck with the project - and check out
http://mamagsd.tiddlyspace.com/#MgtdUserConf for some of the little
"hacks" that provided Chris for basic editing capabilities on
tiddlyspace...

Cheers Måns Mårtensson