2007/6/14, Yevgen Muntyan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Kalle Vahlman wrote:
>
> [snip philosophy]
> > [1] though I don't really agree on widgets setting colors at all,
> > regardless the fact that it then possibly won't look good with older
> > themes (depending on what colors you can use).
> >

> If you are really interested, get a fresh tarball of gtksourceview
> and see what a style scheme is. Perhaps then you'll stop convicting
> me of breaking user themes, expectations, and whatnot. These
> talks about how things should be in general are nice but are not
> to the point.

Sure, but the basic issue was "should widgets set their name in the
constructor"[1]
Let's brew it down like this:

Me: njet.
You: da.

I think we are done here :)

[1] Regardless of what it is used for, I don't see style schemes
requiring that. In fact, I see benefit in making the style scheme be
the identifying one (not the widget) so it could be trivially
applyable to multiple widgets... But whatever.

--
Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]