On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 10:21 +0200, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Carl Nygard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-07-01 05:25]:
> > a) the first time I run the dialog, it pops up over my app.
> > The second and subsequent times, it stays under the app
> >
> > b) When I hit the cancel button, the dialog stays open.
>
> Those two are obviously related, no? The first time you run it,
> it is instantiated and pops up. So far so good, but then it is
> never actually destroyed, as far as I understand Glade, only
> hidden (and I seem to remember that Glade instantiates widgets
> only once, if you destroy them afterwards, they are gone).
> Apparently it remembers where it was when it is unhidden, just
> like it was there all the time, but invisible.

Well, I'm destroy()'ing it directly myself, regardless of what glade may
or may not be doing.

I had a few more thoughts this morning after a good sleep.  The widget
is a dialog, and I had seen some wierd behavior when setting the
'Center' or 'Center on Parent' behavior, which gave me and idea.
Perhaps the dialog doesn't have a proper parent, so uses RootWindow or
some such.  First time through it can pop to the top, but once I use my
app again, it's brought to the top.  If I run the script again, which
reloads the glade widgets, whatever it's choosing as the dialog parent
is no longer 'on top' so neither is the dialog.

Perhaps?

> I’m not sure how to make it pop over the app window – there’s
> possibly a method to make it go to the front, though. And I’d say
> the solution to your cancel problem is to not destroy the popup,
> only hide it.

I looked for a 'raise' type function, couldn't find anything related.
Anyone know how to bring a window to the front?

Thanks,
Carl