On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 13:35 +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 11:01 +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> >> Axel,  this is great news, many thanks for working on it!

Actually, there is still one aspect about ghc's RTS that I would like to
clarify. The bug you reported occurs because the GC finalises a GObject
which, in turn, contains pointers to Haskell functions. These Haskell
functions were being freed using a callback function to Haskell. Since
the GC uses an 'unsafe' call to run the finalisers, this would never
work, right?

While this is now fixed in Gtk2Hs by using the C function
freeHaskellFunPtr, I wonder if this function should actually be part of
the FFI (I don't see the FFI mention any C functions at all).

Axel.