Hi Andy,

On 22.04.2010, at 15:21, Andy Stewart wrote:

> Hi Axel,
>
> Now just below package haven't finish (except gstreammer):
>
> ** TODO gio
> ** TODO gnomevfs
> ** TODO soegtk
> ** TODO gconf
> ** TODO vte
>
> I can finish "soegtk" "gconf" and "vte" tonight.
>
> I haven't spare time tomorrow
> Can you finish "gio" and "gnomevfs"?

Let's leave gnomevfs to rot for now. Converting gio might take a bit
more brains due to the second type hierarchy. I might be able to do
that tomorrow.

> After we finish those packages, we can split non-core package out, and
> release next version.

First of all, I've pushed Duncan's patch and added a new
"GtkInternals" module that other add-on libs can use. Can you pull
that and see if it is enough?

Before we release, there are two things I'd like to fix:

- so far, we've exported definitions from Enum from those modules that
used them. This often leads to duplicate export warnings. Before we
release, we should export .../General/Enums.chs from Gtk.chs (/General/
Enums.chs already re-exports /Gdk/Enums.chs, so exporting just /
General/Enums.chs is enough) and remove any enum type that is exported
from the individual modules. (We could probably grep for "(..)" since
that usually indicates a data type being exported. Note that there are
a few data types that are defined in the widget modules themselves.
These should still be exported.

- there are still some glitches from a patch you've pushed back in
October. I have seen some things that still need to fix but I haven't
found the patch yet that did these changes. I'll see about this.

Cheers,
Axel