Axel Simon <axel.si...@in.tum.de> writes:

> Hi Andy,
>
> On 22.04.2010, at 15:21, Andy Stewart wrote:
>
>> Hi Axel,
>>
>> Now just below package haven't finish (except gstreammer):
>>
>> ** TODO gio
>> ** TODO gnomevfs
>> ** TODO soegtk
>> ** TODO gconf
>> ** TODO vte
>>
>> I can finish "soegtk" "gconf" and "vte" tonight.
>>
>> I haven't spare time tomorrow
>> Can you finish "gio" and "gnomevfs"?
>>

> Let's leave gnomevfs to rot for now. Converting gio might take a bit
> more brains due to the second type hierarchy. I might be able to do
> that tomorrow.
Below is gconf package:

I always got error:
------------------------------> error start <------------------------------
System/Gnome/GConf/GConfValue.chs:63:33:
    Ambiguous type variable `value' in the constraint:
      `GConfValueClass value'
        arising from a use of `typeofGConfValue'
                     at System/Gnome/GConf/GConfValue.chs:63:33-67
    Probable fix: add a type signature that fixes these type variable(s)

System/Gnome/GConf/GConfValue.chs:92:23:
    Ambiguous type variable `value1' in the constraint:
      `GConfValueClass value1'
        arising from a use of `typeofGConfValue'
                     at System/Gnome/GConf/GConfValue.chs:92:23-59
    Probable fix: add a type signature that fixes these type variable(s)

System/Gnome/GConf/GConfValue.chs:184:22:
    Ambiguous type variable `a' in the constraint:
      `GConfValueClass a'
        arising from a use of `typeofGConfValue'
                     at System/Gnome/GConf/GConfValue.chs:184:22-54
    Probable fix: add a type signature that fixes these type variable(s)

System/Gnome/GConf/GConfValue.chs:194:33:
    Ambiguous type variable `a1' in the constraint:
      `GConfValueClass a1'
        arising from a use of `typeofGConfValue'
                     at System/Gnome/GConf/GConfValue.chs:194:33-63
    Probable fix: add a type signature that fixes these type variable(s)
gconf-0.10.5 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

I don't know how to fix, can you fix it?

>> After we finish those packages, we can split non-core package out, and
>> release next version.
>
> First of all, I've pushed Duncan's patch and added a new
> "GtkInternals" module that other add-on libs can use. Can you pull
> that and see if it is enough?
I'm now pull patches and test all Cabal packages again.

  -- Andy