Hello all,

I recently had to use a CheckMenuItem object in some gtk2hs code.  I was
surprised to see that the documentation doesn't contain anything on the
"toggled" signal for this object.

I resorted to use connectGeneric but that function is clearly very
unsafe.  It seems to accept any type for the handler, and if you get it
wrong, you experience stack trashing and segfaults.  In my case, trying
to use a plain IO action as the handler caused crashes; reading some
more code I prefixed it with "\_ ->" and it now works fine...

Furthermore, I had to also bind to the "row-activated" signal of the
TreeView object.  Using onRowActivated works fine, however the
documentation marks it as deprecated, and doesn't offer any replacement
for it.  Supposedly, that would be:

    rowActivated :: TreeViewClass self => Signal self (TreePath ->
TreeViewColumn -> IO ())

It seems to me that gtk2hs has moved onto using the "on" and "after"
combinators for handling signals, but that it still lacks replacements
for a fair number of old-style signal binding functions.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Maxime Henrion