Hi Axel,

On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 08:55 +0100, Axel Simon wrote:
> Hi Maxime, Andy,
>
> On Nov 25, 2010, at 19:44, Maxime Henrion wrote:
>
> > Hi there!
> >
> > Sorry for the very late reply; I got caught up in that thing called
> > "real life"... :-)
> >
> > On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 10:07 +0800, Andy Stewart wrote:
> >> Hi Maxime,

> >> I guess you want patch for module Gtk/Abstract/Object.chs  ;)
> >>
> >> We have signal 'objectDestroy' in Object.chs
> >>
> >> Anyway, thanks for patch! :)
> >
> > Yup, I had seen 'objectDestroy' in Object.chs, thanks to the link
> > provided in the documentation for the "destroy-event" signal.  My
> > problem with that is that this signal handler is not at the same level
> > in the object hierarchy than the one in GTK+.  I find this
> > unintuitive,
> > and it is bound to confuse users of our bindings at some point.  I
> > think
> > we should aim at minimizing such differences, which is why I proposed
> > that patch.
> >
> > Is there a legitimate reason for this difference?
> >

>  From the top of my head: there is a destroy event and a destroy
> signal, both are quite different: the first closes a window (or not,
> depending if you want it to) and the second is called before the
> memory of an object is freed.

That indeed corresponds to the state of gtk2hs, where we have
'destroyEvent' in Widget, and 'objectDestroy' in Object.

I was about to say that this doesn't match GTK+ however, and I've been
looking up the API documentation to provide links backing my claims.  It
turns out that I must not be able to read the API documentation
properly, because I can only find the "destroy-event" signal documented
in GtkWidget, and the "destroy" one is indeed documented in GtkObject.
My whole reasoning is thus completely moot...

In short, I'm an idiot, and I'm sorry for wasting both your and Andy's
time. :-)