Just wanted to mention. My brother in law had a real bad time with his bike
surging. Its a long painfull story including expensive shop time and about 3
new ECUs I think. Finally when he was ready to run it off the cliff he
discovered that the main ground wire connection to the frame or engine "cant
remember which" was just a little bit loose, not really even noticable. None
of the "expert" mechanics had even spotted it!
A little moisture gets in under the lug, a little oxidation occurs the
smooth ride is all over.  I must emphasize that it looked and felt tight. He
cleaned and re-torqed the connection and it ran like a new bike and ended 3
years worth of frustration.

Allen