From: Brandon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 11:35 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: NHSTA form

I am somewhat inclined to believe the statement that Kevin has made. If
there were a possibility of a 'better' solution to the ABS situation,
then I would sign up. However, if this causes things to get worse,
instead of better, I would rather leave things as they are.

I still believe that all GTS owners should be made aware of the
potential problem so that they can be aware of it, and how to spot it.
While our little forum has been great for us on the 'net, there are many
others who do not have that access. They should still, nonetheless, be
made aware of the situation.

Yamaha will not be making a 'new' or 're-engineered' ABS for the GTS.
I'm not a pessimist; I'm just a realist. We may get 'free' replacements
with the original ABS pump indefinitely, but that will probably be the
best deal we'll get. I can already hear the '...but they should, ...will
be forced, ...don't have a choice,' and so forth, and while I agree,
they won't change the reality of what will really happen. I won't wax
on; (I've given my thoughts in an earlier post.)

Is there anyway to find out what steps or actions the NHSTA is or will
take? In advance? I realize that that is probably another one of those
things we won't know until it happens, but I'm just curious.

Brandon

-----------------quote from earlier email---------------------