I have a 94 GTS-1000 and would like to know of a Yamaha dealer that has
experience in servicing the GTS.  The service manager at the one in
Eureka,Ca.
has not heard of the GTS and I know he's been there for several years. I
recently took my front wheel to the Medford,Or. Yamaha dealer to change
and balance the tire and he first put the stick on weights on the inside
of the wheel which left only a 1/16" or less clearance between the top
edge of the caliper housing and the weights, which I realized as soon as
I put the wheel back on. I returned with the wheel and they removed
those weights and put on a regular automotive type weight, and in the
process gouged the rim where the weight fits. The mechanic was informed
ahead of time by the service manager to be carefull with the rim, I
guess it's hard to find good help. When I put the wheel back on and took
it for a drive the handlebars started shaking a lot at about 40 to 45
mph, evidently out of balance. This is where it stands until getting
this tire balanced correctly by somebody who knows what they are doing.
Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jim Kinnard