hi,

I don't get the difference between this

>  2. The program is written in Guile.  It can access C routines with the
>  foreign function interface (FFI). …

and this:

> There is a third way that I personally use.  I use the FFI to make
> bindings of the public interface of a low-level C library I work on.

i choose the strategy 2 using the shebang described here

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Running-Guile-Scripts.html

the only annoyance I have occurs the first time a user runs the script:
he gets this message

        ;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
        ;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.

would be nice to have a flag to handle it the other way

        #!/usr/local/bin/guile -s --silent-auto-compilation
        !#

Did I miss something?

regards,
marc