On 8/17/23 3:54 PM, Wilko Meyer wrote:
That being said, I'd actually be willing to put some time and effort
into Guixes Go ecosystem; even though I haven't been on Guix for that
long and would probably have to read through prior contributions to
golang.scm to get the gist on how the go-build-system and packaging all
things go work and to contribute something useful.

Is there a list of current TODOs somewhere? Or would one start by
bumping packages to build with a more recent/non-EoL go version and see
if that works out?

Thank you for volunteering!

I'm not aware of a TODO list anywhere other than the issue tracker (https://issues.guix.gnu.org/search?query=golang+is%3Aopen).

Personally, I think the immediate emphasis should be on making bringing our Go ecosystem onto a supported version of Go (ideally 1.21.0). If there is consensus on that, then ensuring that some of our packages with larger dependency graphs compile would be a good place to start.

We also really need a Go branch to host a lot of this work. I can start looking at what's needed for that.

It would also be useful to get https://issues.guix.gnu.org/65317 (add go-1.21) reviewed, even if you don't have commit access. I've been exercising the package since I sent the patch, and I think v3 is correct (at least functionally), but it could use more exercising and a review of the scheme code.

--

Katherine

  • Updates for Go Katherine Cox-Buday
    • Re: Updates ... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
      • Re: Upda... Katherine Cox-Buday
        • Re: ... Wilko Meyer
          • ... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
          • ... Attila Lendvai
            • ... Katherine Cox-Buday
          • ... Katherine Cox-Buday
            • ... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
              • ... Katherine Cox-Buday
              • ... Josselin Poiret
                • ... Attila Lendvai
                • ... Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
                • ... Katherine Cox-Buday
                • ... wolf
                • ... Katherine Cox-Buday
            • ... Wilko Meyer