Captain Joy schrieb:
> Here's my first attempt to provide this list with a randomly generated
> star system. Please feel free to comment--good or bad. I can see that
> the tables' formatting is a mess. For those (few) of you that care,
> you can copy and paste the info into a word processor and set tabs to
> your desire.
>
> Planetary Record: Puparkin β
>
Quite nice and potentially helpful! Thanks for the contribution!

But I have some issues.

First I am used to Roman digits for the planets of a star (Puparkin I,
Puparkin II, Sol III) instead of Greek letters as you used them. Greek
letters are usually used for naming the stars in a multi-star system
(like Puparkin Alpha for the main sun and Puparkin Beta for Cub). In
astronomy charts, the Greek letters are also used for denomination of
the stars in
a constellation (? Sternbild), ordered by their apparent size (the
largest/brightest is Alpha, the second is Beta and so on).

For multi-star systems (or more exactly, for two-star systems) I also
know the habit to name the main star with Major and the second with
Minor (Puparkin Major is the main star and Cub is Puparkin Minor).

Next I miss some data on the table: As the planetary orbits are usually
not circles, but ellipsis, they have two "diameters", or a least a
factor is given how much larger one is compared to the other. Next I
miss the length of a planetary year and the length of a planetary day.

Regards

tquadrat

-- 
Thomas Thrien
Obermarkstraße 3
Berghofer Mark
44267 Dortmund
Allemagne

Tel. +49 231 7285456
Mobil +49 171 5289503

Geo 51° 28' 12" N 7° 32' 17" E

_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to