Joy!  Somebody found my post of interest.

On Monday, March 5, 2007, at 03:37  AM, Thomas Thrien wrote:

First I am used to Roman digits for the planets of a star.... Greek
letters are usually used for naming the stars in a multi-star system.... also
... name the main star with Major and the second with
Minor.

I will immediately adopt this convention.

Next I miss some data on the table: As the planetary orbits are usually
not circles, but ellipsis, they have two "diameters", or a least a
factor is given how much larger one is compared to the other. Next I
miss the length of a planetary year and the length of a planetary day.

I have all this data calculated; I just didn't put it on the Planetary Record Sheet. Why? Because there wasn't a place for on the Planetary Record Sheet that you download from e23 (http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG37-0204).

In addition to what you mention, I also miss the atmospheric pressure and composition. Also, there used to be a place for how significant the seasonal variation was (based on the axial tilt).

All of the above should be pretty easy to include, except for the atmospheric composition and seasonal variation. Can anybody offer advise on how to randomly generate realistic atmospheric compositions and realistic seasonal variations in actual °C (or °F). Using our own Solar System, GURPS: Space Atlases, and GURPS: Prime Directive as models, I think I'll be able to come up with something; but if anybody has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"It's life, Captain, but not life as we know it." --Commander Spock
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to