Captain Joy schrieb:
> Joy!  Somebody found my post of interest.
For sure! It is interesting and helpful!
> [...] I also miss the atmospheric pressure and composition.  Also,
> there used to be a place for how significant the seasonal variation
> was (based on the axial tilt).
>
> All of the above should be pretty easy to include, except for the
> atmospheric composition and seasonal variation.  Can anybody offer
> advise on how to randomly generate realistic atmospheric compositions
> and realistic seasonal variations in actual °C (or °F).  Using our own
> Solar System, GURPS: Space Atlases, and GURPS: Prime Directive as
> models, I think I'll be able to come up with something; but if anybody
> has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.
GURPS Traveller:FirstIn was already suggested to you. Another really
good source are two quite old books from Digest Group Publications,
originally written for classic Traveller: "Grand Survey" deals with the
"geographic" details of a world, while "Grand Census" takes care of a
world's inhabitants and their culture. The authors of GURPS
Traveller:FirstIn took these two books at least as an inspiration ...

Regards

-- 
Thomas Thrien
Obermarkstraße 3
Berghofer Mark
44267 Dortmund
Allemagne

Tel. +49 231 7285456
Mobil +49 171 5289503

Geo 51° 28' 12" N 7° 32' 17" E

_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to