--- On Wed, 8/13/08, Onno Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Onno Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<
> As a GM, I'd prefer slightly more fleshed-out background
> characters.

I'm generally the opposite. Since I tend to run somewhat unusual campaigns, I 
tend to have to ignore detailed background's of other's NPCs. Because of that, 
I've decided not to go into detail on these NPCs,

> I won't have your pre-gen characters handy at that
> point, but I might recall
> bits and pieces of memorable characters as a rough
> guideline.

Honestly, when I introduce an NPC into adventure, the entirety of the character 
may be written as:

Charles "Gabby" Cerone -- assistant to local APA [American Psychical 
Association] head

Although he's appeared in all three sessions of the current adventure, I 
haven't written down anything for him in game terms. He probably has good skill 
in Driving and Area Knowledge (Honolulu) and (Oahu), and might have decent Guns 
(Pistol) skill. It is known he doesn't talk much.

To put it another way, the 25-point NPCs are post are far more detailed than 
most of the NPCs I use.
 
> So in addition to the bare stats a bit more description
> would be useful, from
> "he has a poor excuse for a mustache and acne" to
> "every other sentence 
> starts with 'like'" ...

Ah, Quirks.
 
> And if you list half a dozen possible names with each, a
> single character is 
> enough work for a week, so a concept can last you for a
> month ...

You really don't want me to name the NPCs ... :)

Brandon



      
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to