Well, viper is very accessible, talking from someone who used to use NOD32
since version 2.
 
The dialog pop up to tell me what to do instead as compared to other
antivirus solution. I can set it to automatic which its by default.
 
I got the whole security suite during a big promo and all my family PC and
desktop is protected under vipre now.
 
--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan 
From: Chao, Matthew (DOC) [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Monday, 7 May 2012 10:28 PM
To: erik burggraaf; Robert Ringwald
Cc: gw
Subject: Re: Question about NOD 32 or Vipre
 
Hello.  I use Vipre, and for the most part, it's not bad.  Only problem is
that when there was a major upgrade, my speech went away during that
process.  Other than that, it's pretty strgithforward.  Some of the
Properties tabs also a little strange, but they can be dealt with.  Hope
this helps.--Matthew Chao
 


>>> erik burggraaf <[email protected]> 5/7/2012 7:57 AM >>>
Hi Bob,
 
I've never seen any independent testing of viper.  I can't speak to the
accessibility of it either.  It's a big unknown here.  If the price is right
and you can find good evidence that it's secure then you might want to
consider it.
 
I'm not really very happy with the new nod32 interface.  There are some
links and buttons that read improperly, and the context menu from the system
tray is pooched.  The advanced settings is still solid though, and you can
get to all of the features of the main window with only a bit of a learning
curve in the beginning.
 
It's still one of the most secure AV I have ever used.  It's on so many of
the computers I support now and there are just no problems.  Unlike running
AVG or security essentials.  In the security world you get what you pay for.
 
If you need to renew, you can drop me a note off list and I can put it
through for you on my reseller account to make things easy.
 
Best,
 
Erik Burggraaf
Introducing Ebony Consulting business card transcription service, starting
at $0.45 per card or $35 per hundred cards.
Ebony Consulting toll-free: 1-888-255-5194
or on the web at http://www.erik-burggraaf.com
 
On 2012-05-07, at 3:15 AM, Robert Ringwald wrote:



Windows 7
Dell Laptop
WE 7.5.4.1
 
Up until I purchased this Windows 7 laptop, I used NOD 32 and liked it very
much. 
 
After getting this laptop, I had a free 30 day trial of Vipre. It has now
run out. 
 
I recently read a couple comments here on the List about a newer version of
NOD32 not being as accessible as the older versions. 
 
I have to decide on a virus program. 
 
It is pretty much between these two.  
 
Comments?
 
--Bob Ringwald
 
 
 
 
 

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to