I also have voices from several different companies.  I download Bookshare 
books and use TextAloud to record them into mp3 files.  So far I prefer Ivona's 
Kimberly and Joey, Cepstral's David and ScanSoft (Nuance) Tom.  Ivona voices 
have unusually long pauses after commas and periods but are quite good 
otherwise.  Cepstral's David has a good voice but 
somewhat of a monotone.  ScanSoft's Tom is really good but has a bug in it that 
causes it to insert the letter r into words that do not have an r in them and 
at times pronounce the word "Wrong" as "Wry".  I find that I can increase the 
speed of Tom up quite a bit and it still is very intelligible.  If you happen 
to own OmniPage 16 you will find that Tom is included and is accessible to your 
screen reader.  I also have A T & T's Mike and Crystall as well as Kate and 
Paul from a company's name I cannot recall.  These four voices tend to have a 
lisp or slur in them making them hard for me to listen to very long.  Last of 
all I have Ryan and Heather from Acapela, both of which are acceptable but not 
great.   Finally, I still use Eloquence's Reed for other tasks such as reading 
email and web pages.  It is a boring tone but easy to understand.
-- 
David Hoff Jr <[email protected]>
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to