It's a business thing. Far as I have come to know, no Scansoft voices can be bought as stand-alone voices. You will have to buy them from dealers, and they are only allowed to sell the voice in connection with their products.

Strictly spoken, if you are the owner of Nuance Omnipage, and you decide to buy a Scansoft voice (which in fact is a Nuance product) with TextAloud, you are not allowed to use the Scansoft voice with Omnipage. In other words, you are not allowed to use Nuance voices with Nuance products, simply because they were bought in separate stores. Go figure. Unfortunately, this is the case with most voices on the market, from most manufacturers. Some voices are "blocked" from usage outside a given product, like we know it from Eloquence with Window-Eyes. Other voices still show up in the list of SAPI voices in any of your SAPI supported software.


----- Original Message ----- From: "David Hoff Jr" <[email protected]>
To: "Mike Pietruk" <[email protected]>
Cc: "WE English mailing list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: Synthesizer Question


I'm not sure.  Since I have OmniPage 16 it is available to WE and
TextAloud.  I think the TextAloud version might only be usable in
TextAloud.  When I purchased OmniPage 16 they informed me that the voice
"Tom" would not ve available to any program but OmniPage 16 but they were
wrong.  I would think you could buy OmniPage 16 from eBay for less and
at the same time have a program very usable for scanning books.
--
David Hoff Jr <[email protected]>
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to