My bad. I wanted to say that I heard this effect many years ago with a DecTalk hardware synthe.
----- Original Message ----- From: Duyahn Walker To: [email protected] Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:11 AM Subject: Re: An Annoying Voice Problem, Eloquence. flips pitches Believe me it does. i have used Dectalk for a number of years and, in certain situations, the pitch will drop with text if punctuations are not inserted correctly. ----- Original Message ----- From: Sunshine To: Duyahn Walker ; [email protected] Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:36 AM Subject: Re: An Annoying Voice Problem, Eloquence. flips pitches that is strange cause i have never had dectalk do the pitch dropping. ----- Original Message ----- From: Duyahn Walker To: [email protected] Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:54 AM Subject: Re: An Annoying Voice Problem, Eloquence. flips pitches Yes. DecTalk does this. I have used Dectalk for many years and if there is alot of text to be read out loud and there is no punctuation marks placed in there proper spots, the pitch will drop. ----- Original Message ----- From: Sunshine To: Duyahn Walker ; [email protected] Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:16 AM Subject: Re: An Annoying Voice Problem, Eloquence. flips pitches dec talk it does not do this the pitch dropping i mean ----- Original Message ----- From: Duyahn Walker To: [email protected] Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:55 PM Subject: Re: An Annoying Voice Problem, Eloquence. flips pitches This problem with the pitch going lower and lower can't be helped whether your using Eloquence or Dectalk. ----- Original Message ----- From: Sunshine To: David Plumlee ; [email protected] Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:37 PM Subject: Re: An Annoying Voice Problem, Eloquence. flips pitches I also have a thing that is a bit bothersom. When doing a read all the same synth will start reading correctly but after a while it keeps going down in pitch and then resumes the correct pitch why is this and what can be done to fix it? ----- Original Message ----- From: David Plumlee To: [email protected] Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:59 PM Subject: An Annoying Voice Problem I am running Windows XP with SP3, and I have the latest version of WE using Eloquence. My complaint is that the voice "flips" back and forth between the main speech voice and the one for the mouse. This annoying "flipping" happens when reading web pages and often when reading E-Mail messages. True, the speech is always understandable; but I wish I could reliably "lock it" on the main eloquence voice on everything except the speech from the mouse emulation. I don't need the keyboard voice to be different, since I know with absolute certainty when I am typing on the keyboard. Any ideas will be appreciated. If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so the entire list will receive it. GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
