You may be talking about a different issue. This pitch change I'm talking about causes the voice to go very low as it continues to read until it hits punctuation. This is something that can easily be duplicated on demand. If you can't duplicate yours on demand it likely is something different. If you can and there is punctuation I'd love to see the exact steps to duplicate.

Doug

On 10/23/2013 12:30 PM, Sunshine wrote:
doug, i have had this pitch change happen when all punctionation is in the correct places.
so if this happens this way then wouldn't it be more then a bug?

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Doug Geoffray <mailto:[email protected]>
    *To:* Sunshine <mailto:[email protected]> ; David Plumlee
    <mailto:[email protected]> ; [email protected]
    <mailto:[email protected]>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:23 AM
    *Subject:* Re: An Annoying Voice Problem, Eloquence. flips pitches

The pitch changing is a bug (although Nuance calls it a feature). It will do this if there is no punctuation in the text you are
    reading.  So if you are reading a list of things and there is no
    period or comma in the text Eloquence will just keep going lower
    and lower.  Once it gets to normal textual punctuation it takes a
    deep breath and goes back to normal.  I complained about this and
    Nuance said this was by design... I could never get them to
    realize this is not a good thing.  But all this is moot anyway as
    no development will ever be done on eloquence anymore...at least
    as long as Nuance owns it.

    Doug

    On 10/22/2013 8:37 PM, Sunshine wrote:
    I also have a thing that is a bit bothersom.
    When doing a read all the same synth will start reading correctly
    but  after a while it keeps going down in pitch and then resumes
    the correct pitch why is this and what can be done to fix it?

        ----- Original Message -----
        *From:* David Plumlee <mailto:[email protected]>
        *To:* [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
        *Sent:* Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:59 PM
        *Subject:* An Annoying Voice Problem

        I am running Windows XP with SP3, and I have the latest
        version of WE using Eloquence.  My complaint is that the
        voice "flips" back and forth between the main speech voice
        and the one for the mouse.  This annoying "flipping" happens
        when reading web pages and often when reading E-Mail
        messages.  True, the speech is always understandable; but I
        wish I could reliably "lock it" on the main eloquence voice
        on everything except the speech from the mouse emulation.  I
        don't need the keyboard voice to be different, since I know
with absolute certainty when I am typing on the keyboard. Any ideas will be appreciated.




If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. 
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to 
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so 
the entire list will receive it.

GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage 
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.

Reply via email to