> (b)  I'd guess there might have been a governmental or some other type
> of subsidy, or grant.  I couldn't even _print_ these books for the cost
> the finished ones are selling for.  And I'm talking about unit print
> price at the printer, not costs for photography, editing, writing, etc.;
> nor the necessary markups for going through retailers and distributors.

Lucky us!!

I remember buying the Kyoto book a few years ago and marveling at the
price for a book with such a huge number of large color photos.  I think I
paid $40 for it.  I would have expected to pay $100 or more just based on
what other books cost.

Diana

www.RenaissanceFabrics.net
"Everything for the Costumer"