I think you are being extreme in your response. I am not suggesting doing everything in jeans and tee-shirts, nor going on the cheap for props etc. I have too have worked on theatrical costuming, and I beg to differ that doing the research, and absolutly accurate reproduction of clothing is no more expensive than using resonable fabrics, trims etc. Try outfitting a whole cast with lace trim for instance. I can only imagine what it would cost for using reproduction fabrics. I think you are being rather high and mighty. My father was a dramaturg and I used to give him a hard time for his inability to enjoy a production he was veiwing, away from his work, for what it was. As Suz responded, this is drama not a documentary, and its target is a generally costume DETAIL ignorant group of people, not a bunch of costumers who think far too much of their talents and experiences, and that they should be imposed on every production that ever gets made. As to cutting the thing wrong, I would bet my paycheck that if we can find shaping seams in the back of the garment, then we could probably find them in at least one example in the front. And again, in a large scale production, where many gowns are being made, fitting that type of garment _is_ faster and easier.

Sg