There are a number of very clear references to knitted items in the Henry VIII inventories, many of them are much earlier than you think. There are plenty of references in other sources as well. Including one I have found which has King Henry ordering twelve pairs of "knytt hosen" for his sister-in-law sister the Princess of Castile, in May of 1510.

Cheers,
Danielle