At 10:18 23/11/2005, you wrote:
Is there anything out there about knitted garters? Italian preferably, but
English , French or German will do. If there is a reference out there ,
please let me know. There is a discussion on garters, knitted and otherwise
on another list...

Thanks,
Dame Catriona MacDuff

There is a garter, (don't remember the date) but I think it is made of wool fabric. It appears to be tied and to have a fringe made from the slashed edge of the fabric. I feel that it is actually displayed upside down, and would have been worn with the fringe hanging down, not sticking up, but that is a personal opinion. It would be difficult, though not impossible, to display it the other way up. But what do I know - I'm only the practical one who makes these things!!

Suzi