Since working all knit stitches is known as garter stitch, knitted garters must
have been common at some period!

Kate Bunting
Librarian and 17th century reenactor

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 23/11/2005 11:56 >>>
Dame Catriona... Hey there...

I don't know of any knitted garters.  I've looked at lots of
inventories and wills and not seen them mentioned.  Of course, that
doesn't mean that they don't exist, just that I haven't seen any in
about 7 years of historic knit research.  Have you tried over on the
historic knit list?  Those folks are a font of information.
Good luck in your search.  I'll keep an eye out and if I see any I'll
certainly post to HKnit, and try to remember to post here as well.
Please, if you find anything do share, I'd love to see an example of these.
Sincerely,
Mari / Bridgette