Don't worry, everything will work out. The melons on a platter was what I
originally thought you were saying you wanted when you said low neckline. I
now understand that you were wanting the average neckline.
Please look through the sites given and you will find that most of the gowns
are not high neckline.
Besides the two "Italian" sites recommended to peruse for style, time, and
location, here are a few paintings non Italia. for ideas.
A bit early, 1535, Saxony.
http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/c/cranach/lucas_e/7/04prince.html
The puff and slash look is very Saxon early 1500s.

1505
http://www.museothyssen.org/museovirtual/fichas/obraampliada.asp?codigo=620

French 1540(?)
http://www.picassomio.com/poster/c9250,i142938/en/

This is from the Realm of Venice site
http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/Music1560s.jpg
You mentioned wine colored velvet with scroll/arabesque. Perhaps this style
would be nice.
or this
http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/Fresco2.JPG

Good Luck with your gown.