IT has been suggested that I research costume trims for the period from which I want to make a dress. I like the portraits Elizabeth Values, Katherine Parr so that is between 1550 to 1580 period. If I use the Katherine Parr dress for sure then the date is narrowed down. Any suggestions as to WHAT to do with this part of my dress. Sketch has been posted earlier. http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/fmlac10526_08a.jpg is a bit thick for what I want. I want a thinner, warm weather verision and different sleeves. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Becky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Need details

When I reviewed my sketch I came up with these questions that might need to be answered before I get started.
1. Tabs at the waist- does the dress have the beaded girle or not?
2. If the underpinning has tabs should the outter dress have tabs?
3. If the waist has tabs should the hsoulders be the same technique?
4. Should the entire unders kirt that shows doe=wn the front be the same fabric or just the front panle that shows? 5. Is there a way to sew a prectector fabric for the lower hem for when it drags on the ground?

I plan to have several types of sleeves to match the weather. I may create a doublet for the colder days. but that is far down the road.

----- Original Message ----- From: "michaela" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>