Hi,
I had the same experience last week i went to se a Rembrandt exibition. I didnt like his paintings, but i loved many of his students paintings. Rembrandt made biblical motifs, rarely any live pictures. But some of his students made some stunning portraits and outdoor scenes with figures, besides they were much more bright and positive. Rembrandt is two dark and serious to my taste...........

Bjarne

----- Original Message ----- From: "E House" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:48 AM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Historical Films

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lavolta Press" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Absolutely. But some stuff gets canonized that probably never was very good, either because it's early, or because it's "art."

Along these lines, I have something to get off my chest:
I don't think the Mona Lisa is really all that great a painting!
Whew. There.  I feel much better now.

-E House
(Also, eyebrowlessness is a huge pet peeve of mine.)