My Nana taught me to sew when I was 3.

I started making clothes when I was about 6 or 7.
(Slightly strangely, they were always for me or my nana, never for dolls -
nana knitted the clothes for my sindy dolls).

I begged my Nana for a fashion wheel (kids toy where you can rotate it to
create different outfits and do rubbings on paper), for years, and finally got
that and a sewing machine when I was 10.

Started designing clothes and cutting patterns about the same time.
Started making costumes when I was at college doing theatre.
Studied fashion.
And have been costuming for a while now.

Debbie