I hate sewing, though I quite enjoy embroidery and knitting. My Mum hated it
too, and I got little help or encouragement from needlework classes at school.
I used to make clothes for teenage dolls, but they were very crude and
amateurish.

I've made a few garments for myself, but mostly on odd occasions that I've
really wanted a particular style that I couldn't buy ready-made. I love
reenactment, but I make the costumes in order to pursue the hobby rather than
the other way round, and because I want something  better than the
"mass-produced" kit sold by traders at events.

I've never had a cat; I keep dwarf hamsters because (apart from being cute)
they can look after themselves for a night or two when I'm away at weekend
events. I hope to get a dog when I have more spare time!

Kate Bunting
Librarian and 17th century reenactor