For what it's worth; I didn't read Fran's original suggestion as "asking that every post be tagged in some way." I thought she was only recommending that we establish a small set (no more than 4, say) of common tags (such as "CHAT:") that people would be encouraged to use. I apologize for not having been clearer myself.

Exactly, and I'm sorry if I confused people by using the term "header" to mean tag/prefix for a subject line. Which on retrospect was bad idea, because if you want to modify an actual message header you have to hack it, which is only done by people like spammers.

Fran