Greetings to the list from a lurker.  My husband is in the process of making
mid-16th century Flemish garb and has the following questions he's asked me
to post to the list.

1) In Breughel "The Peasant's Wedding," (
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/bruegel/wedding.jpg) the shirt tails of
the fellows in the red doublets are out and the point holes are empty
(difficult to see in the above link).  Still the laces can be seen hanging
below the shirt.   Did the shirt also have point holes to which the tights
were fastened?

2) Are sleeve seams under the arm?  That's the way they appear to me.  Or
down the back?

3) Was the usual peasant's jerkin cut short?  If longer, how much longer
(from the waist)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Baroness Isabeau