Terri Hirling wrote:

1) In Breughel "The Peasant's Wedding," (
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/bruegel/wedding.jpg) the shirt tails of
the fellows in the red doublets are out and the point holes are empty
(difficult to see in the above link). Still the laces can be seen hanging below the shirt. Did the shirt also have point holes to which the tights
were fastened?

I don't believe so. I think they've probably just got few/none of the laces done up-- rather like this fellow http://www.wga.hu/art/b/bruegel/pieter_e/painting/cockayne.jpg

2) Are sleeve seams under the arm?  That's the way they appear to me.  Or
down the back?

Down the back, as far as I can tell. This is the construction method I'm most familiar with in 16th-century clothing, and you can see a hint of it on the man in blue in the foreground, and on the bagpiper in tan.

3) Was the usual peasant's jerkin cut short?  If longer, how much longer
(from the waist)?

Don't know. The men in Breughel that I can think of have doublets/jackets but no jerkins.

--
Adele de Maisieres