From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Robin Netherton
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:15 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Basic medieval "costume" sources

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Sylvia Rognstad wrote:

> I got a book a long time ago called "Costume Design and Making" by
> Fernald and Shenton that has simple patterns for lots of costumes.
> It's another Theatre Arts book so it may be very similar to Brookes
> and it may still be too difficult for parents.  Are there any
> commercial patterns for children for Medieval type costumes?

Hmm, good point, forgot about patterns since I don't use them. Surely
there's some basic medieval commercial patterns from the big three out
there.

I'd be happy if I can steer everyone to basic rectalinear tunic styles and
some sort of headcovering. They're focusing on c. 1300, so no "fairy
princess" dresses here.

--Robin