I have wondered about the language. I don't know that foul words are modern at all. Anyone else know?

Sylrog

On Sep 24, 2006, at 11:41 AM, kelly grant wrote:

I think that if they were so willing to get the costumes right, they would have gotten the language right too...sorry, didn't get to see much of this series, was too put off by the extreme use of VERY modern foul language!

Kelly

I can think of one program, or a series of programs, that may have gotten it right. I'm thinking of Deadwood, the series on HBO following the history of the Dakota Territory mining camp, Deadwood, set in 1879 and on. What impressed me was the extensive research that was done on the show that is reflected in the sets and, to my untrained eye, the costumes. What is everyone else's opinion of this show?

Marjorie

Marjorie Gilbert
author of THE RETURN, a historical novel set in Georgian England
www.marjoriegilbert.net
Creating a Circa 1798 - 1805 Empire Gown
http://marjoriegilbert.net/album_30_028.htm