This might help...

http://www.petrie.ucl.ac.uk/detail/details/index_no_login.php?objectid=UC177
43&accesscheck=%2Fdetail%2Fdetails%2Findex.php

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Katy Bishop
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:50 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] movie costumes--Egyptian

There is one at the MFA in Boston, it was conserved several years ago,
when I worked there or just before.  I might have a picture somewhere
in an old bulletin.  It was beautiful beads in blues mostly as I
recall.

Katy

On 1/3/07, Sylvia Rognstad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When did this evidence about Egyptian beaded net dresses surface?  I
> never heard of it before nor is it in my old costume history books.
> It's been decades since I studied the history of costume, but since I'm
> going to be teaching it this January I'd really like to keep up on
> recent developments.
>
> Sylrog
>
> On Jan 2, 2007, at 9:34 PM, Heather Rose Jones wrote:
> >
> > From the description, it sounds like it might have been inspired by a
> > surviving Egyptian "bead net" dress -- a very open network made of
> > threaded beads.  The one I'm thinking of is basically a tubular sheath
> > with shoulder straps and at the bottom hem it has a "fringe" of
> > dangling flower-shaped beads.  _Might_ -- I'd have to see the original
> > to know if the suspicion holds up.  There's a rather dark photograph
> > of the item I'm thinking of about halfway down the page at:
> >
> > http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/themestream/sexuality.html
> >
> > Heather

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                www.VintageVictorian.com
     Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
      Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.