On Jan 3, 2007, at 7:16 AM, Sylvia Rognstad wrote:

When did this evidence about Egyptian beaded net dresses surface? I never heard of it before nor is it in my old costume history books. It's been decades since I studied the history of costume, but since I'm going to be teaching it this January I'd really like to keep up on recent developments.

I've run across mentions of about 3 of the dresses, not all of which were preserved very carefully after discovery. The main researcher who seems to have written about them is Rosalind Hall. I believe there's some discussion in:

Hall, Rosalind. 1981. "Fishing-net dreses in the Petrie Museum" in Gottinger Miszellen: 42:36-46.

and there's a color picture in the "Shire Archaeology" series book on ancient Egyptian textiles, which she also wrote.

Heather