Y'all must read/hear/see stuff in places I don't, or something... Where, exactly, do people go "on and on" about the historical accuracy of costumes or content in cinematic movies?

If we're talking about The Tudors, the Showtime (or HBO, can't keep them straight) program guide.

And why do people expect *anything* in the entertainment industry to be > accurate -- historically or otherwise? It's entertainment. If you want living history and period authenticity there are better places to expect it than the movies. JMO

Denise
Iowa

Yes, there are. However, there are films that do period costumes and settings correctly, and I enjoy those much more than those that pretend to do so and don't. I've been watching French costume films (Cyrano, Reine Margot) and by and large the costume are much better than American films. Maybe that's becauseFrench directors think the French audience is better informed about the times being portrayed.

Melusine