In a message dated 5/4/2007 8:24:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I will,  if I can figure out how, go to
the archives and pull a list of movies that  have been discussed here, but
would welcome any title suggestions that you  might care to make, be they
good or particularly bad, in the costume  aspect.

Brother, will you open another can of worms.

The 1940 "Pride and Prejudice."  The designer, Adrian, evidently made  a
conscious decision not to costume in the Jane Austen period.  It is  highly
exaggerated 1830s styles, instead.  I have to admit, though, when I  asked my
costume history students, "what's wrong with this picture," they didn't  get
it!
Let's see, high waist, columnar silhouette to natural waist, full  skirts, huge
sleeves--well, I must not have done my job very well.

Ann Wass