From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lavolta Press
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:20 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] How to dye a sweater

I order from Dharma all the time. I am just having trouble reconciling the
heat and agitation most wool-dyeing instructions require, with what that
might do to wool, particularly wool that has already been knitted up and
thefore shrinkage is an issue. Most people seem to be dyeing yarn.

I like muddy colors though, and can't usually achieve them with Procion MX
dyes, which I have lots of around.  I know they are not officially wool dyes
but people seem to use them for wook anyway.

Fran