Hopefully someday they will do the Harry Potter books PBS style, with each
book getting multiple 2 hour "moviettes". Like what A&E did with "Pride and
Prejudice".

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 2:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [h-cost] "Order of the Phoenix"

In a message dated 7/15/2007 11:12:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I may  get banned for saying this, but I was so irritated at the liberties
they  took with Umbridge that she grated on me the entire movie.  She is  so
particularly described as "frog-like" and wearing an Alice Band (a hair
band for those US types that never saw the Tennille drawings for Alice  in
Wonderland!).

You are right about that--but it was so long since I had read the book that
I had forgotten all about the description of her.  I have to admit, she
wasn't what I would have chosen, but I thought it was an interesting
interpretation all the same.

And at 138 minutes, the movie was quite long enough.  You can't do a  700
page book as one movie without cutting something.  And if each book was
made into 3 movies, well, that is 21 films, in all, isn't it?

Ann Wass