Cynthia Virtue wrote:
Dawn wrote:

Hobby Lobby has some good deals from time to time, but they like to tear the top of the envelope off when you buy them on sale. I can see marking the envelope like Hancock's does, so it can't be returned for full price, but the envelope flap often has important sizing information on it! I refuse to buy patterns at Hobby Lobby any more because of that.

Any idea why they do this? I hope it's not why some shady place rip the covers off of remaindered paperback books!

They tear the flap off (when you buy it) so they can tell it was bought at 99 cents, and so it can't be returned without the receipt for the $16.95 retail price in cash or store credit.

All the H-L stores here in KC do that to me. Other fabric stores either have a stamp that says "sale", or they write "sale" on the front of the envelope, which doesn't bother me as much.

Dawn