Interesting!  I wonder if the problem I'm thinking of was originally a result of
inexperienced sewing, which I misinterpreted as fabric properties. It's the sort
of thing that I did years and years ago, thought "huh, doesn't work" and changed
methods.

With three responses that I'm interpreting as "go ahead!" and none against, I
guess I'll just get sewing!  Thank you!

Emma

http://anvil.unl.edu/emma
http://HelixHandworks.etsy.com