I find this to be exactly opposite of my "gore inserting' experience! If
I start at the hem and work up, then the point always comes out wonky
and ugly. I start at the top and work down, or at least
hem-to-point-to-hem when I'm hand finishing.

Diff'rent strokes, I guess. Or, different stitches for different, er,
seamstresses! :-D

::Linda::

On Behalf Of Brangwyne
Subject: Re: [h-cost] straight/bias gore question

The other trick I've found is start at the BOTTOM of the gore and sew
upwards. No matter what. THEN hang the dress for 3 - 7 days and hem.

Works like a dream. Have three gowns done this way for myself and one
for a friend that still haven't 'bagged' out after two years.

Starr