Greetings folks!

It seems my costuming inspiration has come back with a vengeance. After much
lurking and dithering, I'm going to be making two Victorian (or early
Edwardian?) outfits in preparation for CostumeCon 26, but need a little help
with details.

Ageless Patterns for inspirations and then Truly Victorian and Laughing Moon
were posited as good starting patterns for me (I don't think the person
recommending realized I owned/had access to several of Fran's books).  I've
been going through my book and the local library's selection, as well as
several online sites trying to see what general silhouettes appeal most to me,
and it looks like from about 1887 to 1899, and a couple of pieces from 1905 are
the ones I'll be trying to focus on, with more of the walking/day type skirts,
not the evening gowns.

I'm not experienced at drafting up yet, so this will be a good learning
experience, no matter what outfits I choose. Plus of course trying to get a
decent idea of color combinations and trim/decorative styles for that time
period.

My sister-in-law will be letting me rifle through her Truly Victorian and
Laughing Moon undergarment and basic skirt/bodice patterns, which will help me
see better as my computer doesn't show them well.

The three primary types of silhouettes I seem to come up with are as follows,
with questions at the end.