(snip)
Query 2: Where could I get an idea of what types of trimmings were used so that I can better visualize them? I do okay with only written descriptions, but examples I can see work much better. I have some long lengths of white gimp, a colored fringe and a white gimp/netted tassel combination that I think would look nice on a hem or edging, but that's without any knowledge, and I'd rather have something that doesn't look like an inspired costume.<

I've got some antique trims from the 1880-1900 era if you'd like to come over and look at them. Keeping me company while I tear my hair out, oop, I mean sew, would be ok, too.

Melusine