I'm confused, I thought you were considering making a dress that goes with
the 1830s suit he'll be wearing...? 1830s dresses don't have hoops, those
weren't "invented" until sometime in the 1850s (I can't remember the exact
date). Which isn't to say that the corset might make Tango a bit
challenging...
        -sunny

> Thanks Patty, thanks Sharon!
>
> slide feet between... for waltz. But how is that for the knees, in a
tango?
> Thanks for all these suggestions. Costume and dance both fascinate me
and
> it's amazing how they go together, and what's possible nevertheless.
>
> The problem with the "try it out" is that I can't. Since he can't see
the
> dress before the wedding, not even have a hint about the design -- we
can't
> practice dancing in unusual clothes. I couldn't wear a hoop skirt to one
of
> the dance lessons, it would give away too much.
>
> Will consider trying it for later! We will have to have a Victorian ball
> around here...
>
> B M

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or
disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or
saving them.  Thank you.