Suggestion from a costumer rather than a bride or a clothing historian:

Make the full skirt as a removable separate skirt: attach the appropriate crinoline. Under that, as an underskirt, wear a skirt more appropriately configured for the tango.

Imagine the gasp and the amazement when in the middle of the reception you rrrrip! off your skirt to reveal...another skirt underneath, and proceed to capitalize on the sexy moment by breaking into a passionate tango. What theater!

Decorum may be restored by replacing the top skirt and crinoline.

Two cents from me! Main criterion for any decision: have a good time.

--Ruth Anne Baumgartner
scholar gypsy and amateur costumer